Just ran across an amazing post on Quora:
What are the best ways to become the best at whatever you do?
- Write down your goals twice every day. You cannot get the things you don't remember you wanted in the first place.
- Do something for the goals every single day. Success and excellence only come from what we do behind the scenes every day.
- Work harder than everyone else. To be the best you must work like the best. Period.
- Get over yourself. Get over the fact that you can do this all while staying comfortable and do the things you do not like to do and that scares you.
- Believe you are the best before you are. If you do not believe it, why should anyone else.
- Focus all your energy on improving. You are not the best yet, so you must grow into the best by improving everything you can as much as you can.
- Invest in yourself. Spend the time, energy and money required for you to become the best.
- Do not give up. This will take longer than you think it will and will be harder than anyone told you, but if you give up you will never be able to reach it.